A Date With Yourself ?

It doesn't matter if you are in a relationship or not. Sometimes you just need to go on a date with yourself. Why wait for someone to have a perfect evening out? It could be as simple as a walk on the beach with your favourite coffee, a special meal at the local restaurant or just a drive in the mountains with the music turned up. Dress up, feel great and enjoy some time alone.

Photo By Beatrice Murch
I personally enjoy such time outs. Reading a book at my favourite coffee shop after a long day probably tops my list. There was a time when I used to wonder if I would ever get bored of myself. I know it sounds silly but maybe, just maybe, if I spent enough time with myself I wouldn't be fun anymore. I mean how long can you have captivating conversations with yourself and how long can you enjoy the silence? Though the fear of being alone dominates a lot of our behaviour, overcoming it is easier than we think. Though this can be a scary thought, I am glad to announce that I'm rather quite interesting and have enjoyed every moment of my company so far.

As you overcome the fear of being alone you will also boost your self confidence. Believe it or not, walking down the street with a smile on your face and your head held high or asking for a table for one at a restaurant does require some confidence. And just when you gain that confidence, you will be pleasantly surprised to know that everyone is too busy in their own lives to notice or care that you're alone!

The benefits of having some time alone are incredible. You start noticing the little things in life. The flowers on the sidewalk, the shapes the clouds make in the sky, the soft murmurs of the wind and the freshness in the air. How come you suddenly notice all this in the mists of the hustle bustle of the city? Somehow you become much more aware of yourself, your mind is calm and you simply forget about the worries of the world and enjoy the moment instead.

Its a fabulous feeling to be at peace with yourself. As you sip the blissful coffee you see the world just happen in front of your eyes. You notice how the tides try to conquer the shore night after night, how each star is so similar yet so different and how the moon, tonight, isn't lonely. For a moment at least, you will become an observer instead of a participant and be simply amazed at the depth of the universe.

So try it for yourself. Take yourself out. See what the world has to offer and celebrate!

5 comments:

Unknown on May 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

very very nice post. love this post. you are an amazing writer i must say. very impressive. I have also heard somewhere that if you love yourself then you would be able to love others. if you enjoy your own company then you would be able to keep people happy around you. try out going for a movie alone, or going for a dinner alone. its different feeling altogether. you have a potential to be a writer. keep writing.

Curious on May 30, 2010 at 11:29 AM said...

Thanx Curious! I'm glad you liked it. Your comment definitely made me smile first thing in the morning. Keep Smiling!

Unknown on February 22, 2011 at 11:34 PM said...

A great great post ,i have liked it and surely made my morning and that's what writing is all about -entertain the readers and must assert that keep the momentum and start writing books ...AMAZING THANKS.

Curious on February 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM said...

Thanks a lot James, I'm glad you liked it!

Unknown on December 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM said...

Great post .. May I have any way to contact with you ? Please, I'd love to :)

Post a Comment

 
Curious Lounge Copyright © 2011 Header Image by Miquitos, Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template
Related Posts with Thumbnails